Saturday, June 7, 2008

Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore

This is a great movie from 1974, directed by Martin Scorcese.
Ellen Burstyn plays Alice:
Alice works in a diner with Flo and Mel:
Here's a wide shot of the diner. The little blond girl with glasses is Laura Dern, daughter of Diane Ladd (who plays Flo) and Bruce Dern (who ain't in the flick):
Also appearing is Jodie Foster as Audrey:
And the always despicable Harvey Keitel as Ben:
Best line in the movie:
Mel to Flo: "Am I glad I'm not married to YOU!"
Flo to Mel: "Man, I could lay under you, eat fried chicken and do a crossword puzzle at the same time. That's how much you'd bother ME!"

3 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

Ellen Burstyn is so elegant and lovely - i love her.

You know the moment I realized I'm getting older was the day I did the Scooby-Doo utterance of surprise as I realized I'm kind of attracted to Vic Tayback. Tragic he died so young, actually. Makes me a little frisky, if I'm being honest.

ROWR!

(um, hurt my knee, am in a lot of pain, and that's my excuse for true confessions on your blog. Let me know if I've embarrassed myself and we need to remove this comment.)

Turk Turon said...

Well, for some women, it's Brad Pitt; for others it's ... Vic Tayback.

Although, I bet Vic could make a mean grilled cheese sandwich.

I would never order a Reuben from a man like Brad Pitt.

Hey, now there's a gag: a diner called "Brad and Angie's", at Melrose and Gower, in the Heart o' Hollywood. She was the waitress and he was the grill man. They could franchise; I could open one in Bishkek, Turonistan.

phlegmfatale said...

Yup, Vic could make a slammin' sammy, I'll bet, and Brangelina would have something beastly like sprouts on whatever it was they were cooking up. I'm sticking with Mel's, thank you very much.