Monday, April 28, 2008

Range Report Sunday 4/27/08



What we have here is one of the targets from the 38-Super shoot on Sunday. That's seventeen shots. Hmmm... I will have to work on my consistency.

I had one factory magazine and four Mec-Gar mags, all 17's. The first mag, the factory's, functioned flawlessly. As the shooting progressed with the aftermarket mags, there were more and more failures to feed until, with the last mag, nearly every single round (except the first) failed to feed. Then I reloaded the factory mag and tried it again and it, too, experienced failures to feed and stovepipes.

Oh, brother!

Well, I'm stubborn and I will make this gun reliable. It certainly is powerful and accurate.

And look on the bright side about the magazine failures: I got a lot of practice clearing jams, AND I was able to diagnose some of my shooting problems: anticipating recoil. That's why my "fliers" always "fly" to the lower left quadrant - because I often dip the muzzle when I pull the trigger.

No comments: