Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Range Day

I took a day off and headed to the range to fire some .22s. I had a Ruger 22/45 with a Matchdot red-dot sight, a Marlin Papoose and a Kimber model 82 bolt-action rifle.

A couple of years ago I was able to lay in a supply of 22-LR from the CMP: 5,000 rounds of Remington government contract stuff, which has worked very well.

Sighting in the Matchdot scope took a few minutes, then the Papoose with its rudimentary sights. But the Kimber was a bit of a puzzle with a rear sight that just refused to lock down. I was just beginning to dial it in when I reached my 200-round limit for the day. But this is the justification I need for a follow-up visit to get it dialed in properly.
One of the Ruger magazines just would not snap into place. I put the mag aside and when I got home I examined it closely. That's it on the right. The cause is fairly obvious.

Then it was on to the theater where I saw "The Imitation Game" with Cumberbatch and Knightly. A great flick, although I thought it had been slightly "Americanized". For example, one of the characters announces that she arrived late because the bus had a "flat tire". Or "tyre". Either way, I think she meant "puncture". Maybe they filmed it both ways - just for that scene. At another point the term "Top Secret" was used; I think the Brits used the expression "Most Secret".

And now it's time for some therapeutic cleaning of the 22s.

3 comments:

Home on the Range said...

The zen of the firearm clean - always a good time.

http://essayservice.info/ said...

I am really glad that you had a good time. I believe that after cleaning your 22s will shoot better.

Unknown said...

Great article on range day! Shooting can be a fun and exciting activity, but it's important to also prioritize safety and personal grooming. Before heading to the range, make sure how to groom yourself properly, including trimming any facial hair that may interfere with the fit of your shooting glasses. Keep up the good work!