Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Never Bring A Knife To a Gun Fight

In Maryville, Tennessee yesterday, a man named Matthew Dressler pulled a knife during an argument with a man named Billy Dunkelberger. Dunkelberger, a CHL-holder, drew his gun. Police arrested Dressler; Dunkelberger was not charged.

Link.

From the comments:

Want to know the funny thing about this story? Mr. Dunkelberger actually said to Mr. Dresseler when drawing his gun 'don't bring a knife to a gun fight.' The not so funny thing is that the man he was protecting was my father. I am forever thankful to Mr. Dunkelberger for stepping up and potentially saving my dad's life. The aggressor Mr. Dressler posted $20,000 BAIL within a few hours. Any guesses on what he does for a living? I have a few of my own... Must've felt like a big man being 26 picking on a 56 year old man. Lesson learned though- our entire family will have our gun carry permits ASAP!


h/t Say Uncle.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Meh- Would have loved to see the expression on the perps face... :-)

Anonymous said...

His mom probably bailed him out like every other time. I dated dressler when i was 17. He beat the hell out of me one night. I got and order of protection and he still followed me everywhere and left thing in my mailbox. All he got was a suspended 11-29 probation. Turned out i was abouth the 6th GIRL to press assault chages against dressler. He never got in any real trouble for beating girls. I hope he finally gets what he deserves.