Saturday, December 18, 2010

Commodore 64 Returns

I had one of these, many years ago. Now, boing-boing reports:

Whomever currently owns the much-passed-around "Commodore USA" corporate trademarks is shipping a modern Commodore 64 clone ("It's back... and better than ever!") The new Commodore 64 is a modern functional PC as close to the original in design as humanly possible. It houses a modern mini-ITX PC motherboard featuring a Dual Core 525 Atom processor and the latest Nvidia Ion2 graphics chipset.

Sent from my iPhone

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Um... NO... Didn't like em the first time around, sure as hell not doing that again! :-)

Josh Kruschke said...

So, it's just modern computer in a retro case?

Roberta X said...

Sort of. But it'll emulate a C64.

...Back in The Day, I used to hang out with a boy who ran a BBS on a C64.

drjim said...

I much prefer my C= 128 as the keyboard is far superior.