Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fall Ramblings

As part of my ongoing effort to explore every nook and cranny of this area, I recently sojourned down an urban nature trail alongside a stream.

This is about 6 miles from the White House.

The trail passes under a highway and then through a (gulp!) tunnel.

Ready?




The other side.

I like to find places like this: out of the way Jeep trails, two-tracks and service roads.

This is staghorn sumac.

I've got your "affordable health care". Right here!


And more fall colors:




2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Nice pics! Is that around Rock Creek Park?

Turk Turon said...

It does look a little like Rock Creek Park, come to think of it! I used to live near the Zoo, 25 years ago. Rock Creek Park is nice - huge - sprawling - meandering - with spooky old overgrown graveyards and gothic mansions. And Lady Bird planted millions of flowers there, back in the '60s.

No, this is Holmes Run in Alexandria.