Wednesday, September 10, 2008

And It Takes A Lot To Stun Camille Paglia ...


Pow! Wham! The Republicans unleashed a doozy -- one of the most stunning surprises that I have ever witnessed in my adult life. By lunchtime, Obama's triumph of the night before had been wiped right off the national radar screen. In a bold move I would never have thought him capable of, McCain introduced Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska as his pick for vice president. I had heard vaguely about Palin but had never heard her speak. I nearly fell out of my chair. It was like watching a boxing match or a quarter of hard-hitting football -- or one of the great light-saber duels in "Star Wars." This woman turned out to be a tough, scrappy fighter with a mischievous sense of humor.

2 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

I like Camille, always have. She's a wry wit and unafraid to voice her opinions, however impolitic they be at a given moment. Love those Sarah the Riveter posters, too. Good stuff!

Turk Turon said...

Paglia is my favorite libertarian-lesbian-feminist-iconoclast. She says what she thinks and the devil take the hindmost. And what she thinks is usually fascinating.

word verification: ovjoe