Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Tall Guy

Jeff Goldblum


Emma Thompson


This is a 1989 romantic comedy, set in London. Jeff Goldblum plays a down-on-his-luck American actor, desperate for work. Emma Thompson is a nurse and his girlfriend. He wins the title role in an unintentionally campy musical based on "The Elephant Man," which features such hit songs as Ain't Gonna Follow The Herd, I'm Packin' My Trunk, and Somewhere Up In Heaven There's An Angel With Big Ears.

The phony musical numbers are very funny but the best thing about the movie is the absolutely hilarious love scene. The two of them utterly destroy an apartment.

On the bed, on the floor, on the table, under the table ...

... on the breakfast ...

... on the toast ...

... on the piano ...

... and on the wall.

And, yes, that really is Emma and not a body double. Brave woman! I added that black rectangle 'cause I don't want my blog to get a bad 'rep' (unlike some blogs I could name!).

What a mess!

"What happened? Where am I?"

One of the funniest, sweetest, sexiest love scenes in the movies.

5 comments:

Ida said...

I posted a link to this from my blog. Fun. Wish I could get a hold of this film.

UltimateJeffGoldblum.com said...

I love this movie, for obvious reasons (Jeff Goldblum). It's funny.

UltimateJeffGoldblum.com said...

Oh, and Sarah Palin is awesome!

Michelle Gallagher said...

haha I will have to cap this movie tonight me think XD

UltimateJeffGoldblum.com said...

YES! Please do! My screen capping capabilities suck - for now. lol