Friday, October 17, 2008

CQ NRA

Well, isn't this a near-perfect convergence for many of us?

According to American Rifleman:

The Yavapai Amateur Radio Club of Prescott, AZ will operate a special-events amateur radio station, K7NRA, from the 2,000-acre campus of Gunsite Academy on November 17, 2008. Commemorating the 137th birthday of the NRA, the station will operate between 0800 and 1600 MST on 7.250, 14.250 and 21.335 MHz. A unique QSL card will be forwarded to those stations contacted during the event.

More info at www.w7yrc.com.

What, no CW?! I'm crushed. That's all they had 137 years ago! Well, folks, get those SSB rigs ready. Roberta, I just know you must have an all-tube balanced-modulator sideband rig in your collection.

1 comment:

Roberta X said...

Actually, I don't. The rigs I have at home are just about all CW (and AM), though one or two of the "modern" ones could probably do SSB. --I have never had an SSB QSO in all my ham career! (They can have my Morse key when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers). ;)

That said, I'll have to listen in. I wonder if the guys would freak out over a little double-sideband, full carrier?