Saturday, September 26, 2009

Black Man With A Gun

From the comments to CNN's story "Mad As Hell - Gun Owners Up In Arms":

Gun Control...that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. I am an American citizen by birth. I grew up in a high crime neighborhood in the mean streets of NY in the 1980's as a teenager where gun violence was a daily occurrence. I owned a gun as a young adult in NY and own one now - legally both times! People need to be able to protect themselves!

Now I live in the rural south where I hunt, fish and all of those things that gun rights advocates talk about and I'm an NRA life member. I still have my guns to protect my family. My wife and I are concealed weapons permit holders and I wish someone would try to take away my rights. I own 2 assault rifles, 3 hunting rifles, 2 shotguns, and 3 pistols and intend to buy more because it is my right! And yes, I have two children at home, and the guns are locked up and out of their reach.

Common sense is what is needed. Guns are not the problem, people are the problem. If this president tries to take away my rights, he can kiss my vote away for the next election. I gave it to him once but won't do it again if he tries any foolishness. And for the record, in case the readers are wondering, I'm AFRICAN AMERICAN and MAD AS HELL!!!!!

Shawn


h/t Alphecca

No comments: