Friday, July 23, 2010

Foreigners And Their Crazy Laws

A Palestinian man has been convicted of rape after having consensual sex with a woman who had believed him to be a fellow Jew.

Sabbar Kashur, 30, was sentenced to 18 months in prison on Monday after the court ruled that he was guilty of rape by deception. According to the complaint filed by the woman with the Jerusalem district court, the two met in downtown Jerusalem in September 2008 where Kashur, an Arab from East Jerusalem, introduced himself as a Jewish bachelor seeking a serious relationship. The two then had consensual sex in a nearby building before Kashur left....

It seemed like a case of religious prejudice to me at first, but apparently this "rape by fraud" crime is applied even-handedly:

One such case was that of Eran Ben-Avraham, who told a woman he was a neurosurgeon after which she had sex with him, and was convicted of three counts of fraud.

Lying to a woman about being a doctor?

I suppose as he was taking off his pants he said to her, "This isn't exactly brain surgery..."

I'll be here all week. Remember to tip your waitress.

P.S. Suggested line of defense: "Your honor, I admit that I told her that I was a doctor, but she told me those were her real boobs!"

1 comment:

pax said...

Taking someone's money by fraud is illegal.

Why NOT have violating one's body by fraud be equally illegal?